Thursday 17 March 2011

Blessed and Wild

This has been such a great day! Ok, the news on Japan are showing us what extreme challenges we deal with and I am as concerned as everyone else, but after some morning meditation and breathing I went to my cousins office (she is a politician) to work on her new blog that she is creating for artists around Oslo. Finding myself there is enough to make me laugh, but mostly it just feels great to experience the opportunities that show up when you just dear to let go and I love the feeling of creating something that I find fun!

Believe me, there are no reasons to stay in a job that makes you unhappy! I am starting to feel so excited now, it bubbling in my tummy. Ok it was scary to take the step, but everything is just falling in to place. My ideas for how I will create my life are still are still a bit all over the place, but I am learning to trust and there is not much we really need is there? I am loving my new little pad down town and I have only the essentials with me, my Chaga tea, my superfood, Cacao, my tonic teas and my music. And there are people down here, people of all nationalities and foreign smells in the corridor, hmm I feel at home:)

Last week I got a book that my friend told me I had to read. Its called The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferris. I think this book was written for me! He is just confirming everything I thought had to be possible, how to escape the 9-5 and live anywhere. Great ideas and tips and when I get worried about income and all that stuff he reminds me that everything is reversible if necessary. So for now its about relaxing and of course putting it all together, but right now I feel optimistic and that is where I need to be. Enjoying it all! Also spring is on its way, the sun is shining and today I could walk out without my wooly hat!

For the time being, until May, I have this cute place to stay and after that I don`t know yet, but hey I am not stuck in an office all day feeling like I don`t belong.

Truly Wild in the making:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is lovely! I am officially redundant as of end of March from my job and I am SO EXCITED. I absolutely love Tim's book, I'd say it changed my life and is part of the reason why I have faith that I don't have to buy in to the 9-5 dreary mundane life everyone else seems to accept.

    I decided to grab the bull by the horns and go to Iceland for three months to volunteer (I live in Scotland) and I'm ready for the challenge. I'd also love to do more travelling and really experience life!

    Here's to us :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma,This is so exciting! You are the first one to give me a proper comment on my blog:)) Yohoo! Thanks to lovely Elwin for posting the link! Gratulations, what kind of work will you be doing in Iceland?
    One of my cousins go there for horseback riding and its my list of places to experience as well. Scotland too actually:)
    Writing this blog is one of the uncomfort excercises Tim Ferris talks about, sending my thoughts out in cyberspace....its all about having fun isnt it? When I posted my last post I thought someone will hear me, and here you are, dont you just love the syncronicities!?

    Tims book is changing my life too, he just pinpoints all my thoughts and gives me such good laughs, fat men in red BMW convertibles was surely killing my spirits! haha

    Heres to us for sure:)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete